I’ve expressed my hatred for chain emails here before (“Annoying FALSE Political Chain Emails “ and “Annoying Chain Emails”). But I actually got one today that made me snicker a bit. I snickered because it was so very accurate as to what I think has been going on with political perceptions and opinions lately regarding the presidential candidates and running mates. And since I like to share but don’t want to needless flood hundred of email boxes with the memo, I thought I would publish it here where my regular readers may actually want to see it. In all the chain or viral emails I’ve received, it’s the only one that passed my worthiness test (which is completely subjective, by the way).
As far as I can tell, the author is not known.
Now I understand McCain and Palin
I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight.....(hope
I'm not offending anyone)
* If you grew up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're
* If you grew up in Alaska eating moose burgers, you're a
quintessential American story.
* If your name is Barack, you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
* If you name your kids Willow, Trig and Track, you're a maverick.
* If you graduated from Harvard law School, you are unstable.
* If you attended 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're
* If you spent 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the
first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter
registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years
as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator
representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of
the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years
in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people
while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs,
Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you
don't have any real leadership experience.
* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city
council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000
people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people,
then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking
* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while
raising 2 beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're
not a real Christian.
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your
disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a
* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including
the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.
* If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no
other option in sex education in your state's school system, while
your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant , you're very responsible.
If you try to make victimized women pay for their own rape kits.
* If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in
a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city
community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values
don't represent America's.
* If you're husband is nicknamed "First Dude", with at least one DWI
conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until
age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession
of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely adm irable.
OK, "much" clearer now.
By the way, I still hate chain emails.
Check out my blog home page for the latest information, here.