Wednesday, October 8, 2008

McCain: “My Fellow Prisoners”; Is His Mind Going?

Yes, you read that right. John McCain had a bit of a slip-up when, in a speech today in Bethlehem PA along with Sarah Palin, he referred to the American people as his “fellow prisoners.”

Here’s the clip, and the transcript of the segment of the speech if you don’t believe me. I think it speaks for itself. But, after seeing a few slip ups he made several months ago where Joe Lieberman, standing behind him like a puppet master, had to help correct John when he got confused, I worry that John McCain is of sound mind. No one seemed to correct him this time, though. I guess Lieberman has better things to do?

Let’s not forget in the debate last night when he referred to Barack Obama as “that one.” That probably was no slip of the tongue; I think he meant that to be demeaning. That clip is also below.

I think the pressure is getting to him. It almost reminds me of the movie “2001 A Space Odyssey” where the Hal 9000 computer is having his memory chips pulled, and he says, “My mind is going…”

My Fellow Prisoners




"You and I together will confront the $10 trillion debt the federal government has run up and balance the federal budget by the end of my term in office. Across this country, this is the agenda I have set before my fellow prisoners and the same standards of clarity and candor must now be applied to my opponent."

McCain Calls Obama “That One”


Here’s McCain being corrected by Lieberman, back in the spring, just as a memory refresher:



Check out my blog home page for the latest information, here.

3 comments:

Music Wench said...

Well, what can I say, except I share the same concerns. It's amazing the difference in John McCain from eight years ago. His senility may be an explanation for his behavior. Kissing up to the evangelical right, allowing the Rove camp to take over his campaign, engaging in a negative campaign, etc. He is unrecognizable to me as the candidate from 2000.

Anonymous said...

TFC, that was hysterical. My fellow prisoners is right on the money. music wench put it perfectly in her post. The Rove hand is in this all over and it's sickening.

My disenchantment with McCain is overwhelming. I had such a different opinion of him. Eight years ago seems like a lifetime, for a person to change so much. Then I read this article from the current Rolling Stone. It explains a lot. It's a no holds barred insight into the real Maverick. (by the way--after the election let's stay away from the word maverick...I'm so over that.)

Here's the link:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/coverstory/make_believe_maverick_the_real_john_mccain

MissKittyFantastico

The Frequent Critic said...

MissKitty, thaks for the article. I found it extremely revealing about what it called "the story of the real John McCain, the one who has been hiding in plain sight. It is the story of a man who has consistently put his own advancement above all else, a man willing to say and do anything to achieve his ultimate ambition: to become commander in chief, ascending to the one position that would finally enable him to outrank his four-star father and grandfather."

It was well worth the read!