Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Upside-Down Christmas Trees - Why?


The first time you see one, you think it’s a joke. The second time, you start to wonder. The third, you’ve concluded that someone is trying to turn the world upside-down.


It’s the upside-down Christmas tree.


It seems like every store is selling them now. What I want to know is why would anyone want one? I can’t think of any real trees that grow this way. Some say that you can fit more presents under these new trees, but I can fit plenty under my “normal” tree. Besides, I have a hard enough time keeping my right side-up tree straight and balanced, I can’t imagine what happens to one that is top heavy to begin with.


I would rather see the old aluminum fake trees – with the colored light wheel – than an upside-down tree. Somehow even a shiny fake tree like that seems more “grounded” and normal.


I suspect that some marketing people are just finding another way to separate people from their money at Christmas time. Regardless, it’s one thing that I won’t be buying this Christmas.


Check out my blog home page for the latest information,
HERE!

No comments: