Saturday, December 22, 2007

I Like Fruitcake

There, I said it. I actually LIKE fruitcake. I am usually not into overly sweet desserts, but there is something about fruitcake that doesn’t offend me. I know there are all kinds of jokes this time of year about people re-gifting fruitcakes, or using them as doorstops, but not me.

I actually eat them.

When I was in my 20s, I was a customer service rep who also supported the company’s outside sales force. One year for Christmas, one of our sales reps in New Orleans, Louisiana, send me a fruitcake from the area, I recall my husband being a little dismayed, but not me. I was thrilled. And I can’t recall the name of the company who made the fruitcake, but it was THE best fruitcake I have ever had. There is something about candied cherries that I really like, and this fruitcake had tons of them.

So while people are trying to find ways to dispose of their fruitcakes, I welcome them. And I know there are others out there who are just like me but are afraid to admit it. So if anyone finds this blog and feels the same way as I, leave a comment here so I know I’m not alone in the world!

Check out my blog home page for the latest information,
HERE!

No comments: