Tuesday, November 20, 2007

It’s Christmas shopping time, but don't forget charities

With Thanksgiving bearing down on us, that can only mean one thing – Christmas shopping begins. Or shall I say, BEGAN. Some retailers are making the push to get shoppers out before Thanksgiving to beat the rush. In a way, I’m thankful that they are.

I try to get most of my shopping done before Thanksgiving. I have this love-hate relationship with Christmas. I love giving and getting presents, but I sometimes dislike the process of shopping. It’s hard enough trying to find the right things, you also have to fight the crowds who may want the same things you do.

One thing that I do is avoid the after Thanksgiving day sales like the plague. The mad rush to save a few pennies, the crush of the crowds, people fighting over items, it’s just not worth it. It’s everything that Christmas is NOT supposed to be.

This year, as in the last several years, I am trying to find more simple, meaningful gifts for people. More importantly. I’m trying do more for, and give more to, my favorite charity, which supports disabled children.

This holiday season, while you’re pressed for time, money, and ideas, don’t forget to give to your favorite charity. It’s a simple thing to do, and the rewards sometimes are immeasurable. And it keeps with the spirit of Christmas – giving to those who need it most. Do it – you’ll be glad you did.

Check out my blog home page for the latest information,
HERE!

No comments: