Friday, February 8, 2008

Annoying Political Telemarketers

Telemarketers are annoying enough. Luckily, there is the “Do Not Call” list, which has spared many of us from the constant interruptions of telemarketers trying to sell us something that we really don’t need or want.

But believe it or not, there is a worse breed of telemarketer that the Do Not Call listing doesn’t block – the Political Telemarketer.

Particularly annoying is the political telemarketer who picks on one candidate and does everything they can to trash them. There is one group – American Family Voices - that just left me a message on my answering machine, which bashed Congressman Steven LaTourette, and then encouraged me to call his office to voice my concerns over his action. This is not the first time American Family Voices has left me a message. Someone like them also calls almost every three weeks – and has done so for as long as I can recall – to tell me how much they dislike Congressman LaTourette and why I should dislike him, too.

I can think for myself, thank you, and I don’t need some political action committee or special interest group to tell me how I should think or feel. These types of political telemarketers do more to annoy than to get someone interested in their cause. In fact, they do a better job in getting people to tune them out to their cause. I am not even remotely interested in whatever message they are spewing. It is especially annoying when they resort to what I consider childish name-calling of the object of their wrath. If they have a message, get out the message without the poisonous bashing against the person. Maybe then people will listen to the actual issue and form their own opinions.

I did call American Family Voices – their voice was a voice mail by the way – and told them to remove me from their calling list, plus gave them some commentary of my own about their calls. I don’t need any political action group slinging their mud my way. And that’s my one voice from one American family.

It’s going to be a long election season….



Check out my blog home page for the latest information, HERE!

No comments: